Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Birthday to you!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TIGER!! Today is Tiger's approximated 1 year birthday! How fast he as definitely grown...it's sad--I still want him to be a tiny kitten. :( :)


This weekend was a lot of fun. We did a lot of stuff including Friday night, we had Maren and her beau over for dinner. I made Pasta e Fagioli and it was wonderful! We played a cool game called Raj. They left around 9:30pm and it was time for Kyle to definitely go to bed because it was late for him! But it was all worth it!

Saturday was pretty noneventful because Kyle worked and I basically just mowed the lawn and whatnot. We went out to eat when Kyle got home and we went to this place in the city called Flatbread. REALLY GOOD! We will be taking family/friends there from now on.

Sunday was very active because we went on a long bike ride on the greenbelt--we rode for about 1.25 hours. It was a beautiful day and we took advantage of it. We went ahead and did our cooking out that night because we had a feeling Monday would be stormy--and guess what? It's thundering now and raining. After dinner, we went on a long walk--we were gonna go all the way to downtown Meridian, but I all of the sudden got the terrible urge to use the bathroom and so that didn't work out. We turned around and walked (briskly) back home, but I ended up having to stop at the gas station on the corner of our street because I wasn't sure that I would be able to make it back--hahaha... Oh, we also made hummus too earlier in the day. It's really good and spicy!

Today we took it easy. We ended up getting into the car and driving to BSU so that we could park for free and walk around. We walked for a total of 75 minutes. We walked to a section of town called Hyde Park--very expensive (historic and trendy) area. There's a cute little ice cream/candy shoppe called Goody's. I convinced Kyle to stop and have an ice cream since we had already walked that far. It was delicious! I didn't have to convince him to much... ;) A storm started to brew so we left soon after we had finished eating and walked quickly back and surprisingly it only took us about 30 minutes to walk back as opposed to taking 45 minutes to walk there in the first place (of course, we had to take a break and look in Anne Taylor Loft to see what sales they had going on). So, that's about it for today. Happy Memorial Day, ya'll!

Oh and as for an update on the job search: I found a position available at a high school in Boise that is for an academic interventionist (not sure exactly what is expected of the job) but it's in the ELL program so it's really something that I'm aiming for in the future so maybe it'll be advantageous of me to get it. It pays much more than anything else ($13.93/hr). I got all my documents uploaded on their online application so hopefully I'll be getting a call. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: