Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Company this weekend!

We're going to have Maren and her boyfriend over for dinner on Friday!

Ugh, I've been battling a little head cold this past week/end. It's just now kind of going away but I still can't breathe freely. At least I don't have to blow my nose every two minutes--now it's like every 10-15 minutes.

It's crazy that Woodstock got a tornado! I saw some pictures of the damage on ajc.com. Wow.

We found it weird that we had a rain storm yesterday that actually lasted most of the evening! Most of the time, the rain only lasts like 10 minutes at the most.

So since the news of probably not having a job next year, I've been mulling options over in my head. To sub, or not to sub? To get another one of these jobs elsewhere or not? There is another title I tutor position available at Peregrine ES, which is right across from our neighborhood but it pays $9.16/hr, whereas the one I have now pays $9.99...is it worth it? I wouldn't even have to drive to work! So, I wouldn't have to even pay gas money...Something to think about, right? There's also a job at a junior high that pays &12.86/hr for a secretary position but the school is about as far away as Garfield. Also, there's a title I teacher job at another school but I have to have my teaching license in order to work there. I turned in all my papers to the dept. of education but who knows when all that is going to get processed. PLUS, I don't know if I want to tie myself down with something like that due to having to take master's classes on some Fridays. I figure I want a job as flexible as I have right now or even more flexible (like subbing). Argh. Just not sure what to do.

I never wanted to settle for anything less than what I'm worth. I mean, why should I since I went to school for 5 years? But I guess I'm going to have to do it until I can get my master's...and when I say less, I'm not meaning the position because if it were up to me, Title I tutors (and other paras) would get paid so much more because of all the crap they have to put up with! I just mean less as in pay...and less responsibilities (as in no classrooms and such). Paras put up with verbal abuse all the time. The kids love me at my school but I did have some of them tell me that I couldn't put their name up on the board because I wasn't the teacher, when actually I was the teacher at that moment because I was facilitating the activity they were doing and they weren't listening to instructions. Then they ended up having questions and getting stuff wrong. Hmpf.

No comments: