Monday, September 24, 2007

The Campbell Family from GA visits Idaho!

Kyle and I are enjoying the train ride despite the cold.
It was a good thing they provided blankets!
This is way out of order because this is after the ride.
Sitting in the train waiting for it to depart from Horseshoe Bend, ID.
It was a very scenic ride between the mountains on the way to Banks, ID.
Here's the evidence of wildfires--yes, they did happen, folks!
The train.
Enjoying the ride in the cold wind and rain droplets.


The Campbell family came to visit us this week. They arrived in Boise on Wednesday at around 10:40pm. I picked them up from the airport and we went straight back to the house so they could get sleep and try to recover from the long day of flight.

Thursday, we got up at our leisure and basically just lazed around. I did, however, take them driving around town and around Boise. I showed them where our temporary apartment was and I also took them to the greenbelt/Boise river. They also got to see the Boise State campus complete with smurf turf. That evening, I took Shelly to my gym dance class. She had a good time despite feeling lost on a lot of the moves.

Friday, we went to the Old Penitentiary. I'll put pictures up later of it. It was an interesting exhibit! Kinda creepy though.

Saturday, we took our train ride from Horseshoe Bend to Banks. It was a 2.5 hour ride. The high for the day was to only be in the upper 60s and possibly even cooler where we were in the mountains! It was predicting Tstorms, but luckily it only sprinkled off and on. The ride was so much fun! I hadn't done something like that in a very long time.

Sunday, we went to church here in Meridian. We found a Methodist church that is only 5 minutes from our house. It seems like a cute and quaint church. It has a lot of children in it, though. I felt comfortable in it, however. Everyone was so nice to us and were very friendly and curious as to where we came from and what brought us out here. Maybe we'll go again.

Monday (today) is our last day with them. We didn't do much. Kyle took his parents to Idaho City. while Shelly and I went out for the day to some stores. I had already seen the city and Shelly wasn't too keen on the long ride. She gets car sick easily. Plus, we weren't sure that we would get back in time for us to go the gym class this afternoon. So, we stayed here. Tomorrow is the day they leave early in the morning. Their flight is at 7am. Early morning we have ahead of us! I guess I better get to bed then. Gotta get up and leave at around 5:30am! Ick!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Hi There, you two!
Jen, I love how you look in your new haircut, very chic! It sounds like everything is coming together for you in your new married life. I am so happy for you. What an adventure, the scenery is breathtaking.
YOur bro seems to be happy and doing very well. We love having him here.
Talk to you again soon-
Love , Aunt Kathy