Friday, April 1, 2011

So far, so good!

Getting through my first week of Zumba 4 days a week and so far, it's going well. I've been able to introduce new people to the Zumba Fitness program and so far, they seem to be loving it! Granted, it's been a little overwhelming for some but they will love it once they get started!! :) I'm excited for the health benefits it's going to present me too! It'll probably take a couple of weeks for it to register with my body what exactly is happening. Right now, I'm a little more sore than I usually am! Yikes, this morning I had to stretch around in bed a little more so that I could get up and be able to walk--haha!! Anyway, it's going to be a lot of fun for me and hopefully all of my students!


Nothing much else is new with us. It's spring break for the schools right now so I've been enjoying a much needed mental rest period after all of that testing that I did last month. Got my first paycheck for that and it was nice. Helped cushion our tax expenses we had to pay out--OUCH! Maybe the second paycheck that will come at the end of April will feel a little better and we'll be able to save it. I start right back into the subbing mode on Monday for the traveling German teacher. Now starts the time where I will be more avid in watching for job postings, if there are to be any--but now is the time when people are deciding whether they want to sign their contracts for another year and when some decide they want to retire or move out. The question is if those positions will be refilled. I have a very slight job prospect if all goes right and that's the traveling German teacher position, except it won't be traveling!! She seems to think that the high school she starts out at every morning (her home base) might take her on as full time if the numbers of students for German rise enough. So then that would mean that a German position at the second high school will open up. It would probably be a part-time position but at this point, I'll take it!! Plus, I can offer up that I can teach ESL English for other periods as well! So my fingers are crossed in the back of my mind but I'm not getting too excited just yet. Who knows what will happen for that. We'll just have to "let the rose unfold". ;)

No comments: