Friday, April 15, 2011

Status update

First of all, I'm exhausted. Second of all, I have officially lost 30 pounds!! Took me 4 years to get to this point but it's awesome! I want to keep going for another 10-15 pounds but I feel pretty great about myself right now. I feel so accomplished.

The reason I'm exhausted is I've been teaching Zumba NONSTOP. Started a couple of weeks ago at the karate studio (W,Th,F) and plus my two Saturday classes. Well, I also added an extra short-term assignment for myself...This week and next I'm teaching Zumba at Bishop Kelly High School (the Catholic high school) for the girls' PE classes. 3 periods a day, for 3 days a week, for 2 weeks. Next week will be my last and I'll be there M,W,Th. Then I'm done with that. I've been so sore but it's worth it. To see those girls running..no sprinting..to class to see if they can get their favorite color belly scarf and be the first on the floor to start dancing, it's all worth the pain and soreness. I love it. They love it. Every time I walk in the front door of BK, the girls who have been taking Zumba yell out to me, "ZUMBA, ZUMBA!!!" I love it. Have I said that already? The PE teacher's been pretty impressed with the class. If I don't have a job next year, I will definitely be there for both semesters!!!

Anyway, gotta go. Write more later.

No comments: