Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I'm officially working this coming week at a new place

So now I'm officially an employee at the Meridian Martial Arts studio (aka Karate for Kids). I will be working on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights as their official Zumba instructor!! The owner just informed me though that every 9 weeks, they'll be testing and will have to figure out what to do once the Zumba classes grow--meaning, we'll have to be cancelled every 9 weeks so as not to disturb the Martial Arts testing. Bummer but at least it's every 9 weeks and not every other or every 2 weeks. That would get old fast. :) So, right away, she told me the week of April 6-8th, there's testing going on which kinda stinks because that's the first official week after the introductory period next week. I will be starting next week on Wednesday and we'll go through Friday but the following week is testing so we'll have to not have class then. I hope that doesn't make attendance die right away...Probably not though. They have a pretty large customer base of parents that would understand that and I have friends that would like to do it there and I'll just relay the message.


Anyway, the testing I've been doing has finally come to a close. Yesterday was the last day of testing and WE ARE DONE!!!! I was so happy to be finished. And it was a beautiful day, to boot! I came home, plopped down and chilled out the rest of the day. We had hamburgers for dinner to celebrate. It was delicious! I spent the last few days at my old stomping grounds (Caldwell High School). Every once in awhile, while walking down the halls or seeing some of my students, I got reminiscent and kinda sad. I miss that place and (most) everybody in it. I miss my kids especially. I really want to be there for them and cheer the seniors on to graduation but sadly, I won't see that, unless I manage to make it to the graduation ceremony in May. I might try and make it. Some of the kids really want me to be there that day. *Sigh* I miss them terribly. :(


I guess that's about it for updating right now. I'll let ya'll know about the new place after I get it started.

No comments: