Sunday, August 1, 2010

Random thought for the day

People abuse the word "pray". Such as:
Please pray for my son/daughter--he/she has (state mundane oddity such as hangnails, headaches, selling items at garage sales, etc...).

There are more but I don't want to write all the weird stuff I hear. Why don't we pray for something that is really important such as disease and getting well soon from these diseases; for protection while going into battle? For having the strength and patience to deal with unemployment? For tough divorces/separations or death? For things that actually have some emotional or physical weight on people's minds???

I mean, you can pray for whatever you want on your own time but if you keep asking for people to pray for superficial stuff, pretty soon it's like crying wolf--people will stop listening to you and not pray for you at all, except for maybe praying that you'll shut your mouth-ha!! This is just some observations I have made over a short time period--stuff I've seen on facebook or heard stories about... Thanks for listening to my little venting session.

*The phrase I like to use is "please send happy thoughts or vibes/cross your fingers for such and such (that fits better with the more "lighter" issues that we face on a daily basis--and that could even go for things like interviews)...


Which reminds me: Please cross your fingers all this next week and the following for me. I would like to get a call for an interview sometime soon, as school is starting at the end of this month for Boise schools. :)

No comments: