Friday, January 14, 2011

And the application process continues.

Today I went to the dentist and while the hygienist was cleaning my teeth, she was telling me about places I should apply with and see if they have openings. I told her that I've sought out just about every place, even the community colleges and she lit up and told me that I should definitely keep trying with those people. So, in my mind, I was all like, "yeah yeah yeah" but when I got home, I sat down at the computer (as I usually ALWAYS do) and thought about other places. Suddenly, it occurred to me that there was a community college that I hadn't thought of: Treasure Valley Community College!! I looked on their website to see if they had any openings and if I would qualify. Sure enough, I saw that they had a few openings in the Adult Education department for English as a Second Language and also for Learning Skills (study skills, basically). I was ecstatic when I saw this and also was excited about the fact that all positions required a Master's! Ding, ding, ding! Of course, this isn't a professor position--it's an adjunct position, which is part time...but hey, it's something. They pay $500 per credit and they have 11 weeks in a quarter. So you can probably do the math. No seriously, you can do it. It hurts my head to do all the calculations. Anyway, I filled out the application(s) and printed off resumes, and cover letters. I already mailed one off today. I'm aiming for the ESL and the Learning Skills positions. We have to fill out separate applications for each subject we're interested in teaching. It gives me something to look forward to...again. For a short time. There's no guarantee that those positions are in Idaho though. They have this college in Oregon, just across the border from Idaho..in the cities called Nyssa, Vale and Ontario. These positions that were available said they were either in Ontario or here in Idaho (in Caldwell). Ontario is an hour's drive from our house. Not terrible but probably not really worth the money should I only get one course to teach, since the money is kinda low. But if it's in Caldwell, HECK YES.


So there, that's what happened today. :) Oh, and I've officially taken over the Saturday morning ZUMBA classes for awhile anyway. I've been trying to hype it up all week to people so I'll get a better attendance than last week. We shall see. I'm carpooling with my friend, Belma Sadikovic (she's a cool Bosnian chick!) tomorrow because she's been dying to try it. So I told her I'd pick her up, bright and early at 9:45am to get to class on time. I think she'll love it. I also chatted it up with my hygienist today and she was extremely interested. She had me write down the time and place today before I left so she could come. I'm excited to see how many people show tomorrow! :)

No comments: