Friday, December 31, 2010

If you love it, why not do it for (a little) money?

I've decided to become a ZUMBA instructor. This became a realization over our trip during the holidays. A friend has been inspiring me to keep myself fit and happy through dancing. She has been a motivating force in my weight loss efforts, whether she knows it or not. Her ZUMBA classes make me feel stronger each time I attend and I feel worlds better about my body than I ever have. So, I was sitting at my in-laws' house and decided after speaking with my friend when I decided to invest the money in ZUMBA training. My training session won't happen until February 26th but I'm SOOO excited! I go to classes every week so why not get paid to party? :) The thing I need to work on though is performing with a smile. I get to concentrating so much on the moves that I'm doing in class that I forget to smile and that's what I'm going to have to learn. I probably won't be able to smile ALL the time but at least whenever I make eye contact with the students, I better look like I'm having a good time! I'll also probably have to learn how to shout and holler every once in awhile during class to make it sound like party!

I've officially spent a lot of my Christmas money on ZUMBAwear. I should be fully outfitted for my classes that I would like to teach. I'm so excited to turn my information into the gym and maybe other places so that I can get in and earn a little money. I might even look into working at Curves since they now have the Curves ZUMBA in the Circuit. The best thing is the fact that Kyle 100% supports this endeavor. It is a pricey endeavor but he knows it'll make me happy and healthy. That's the best kind of support to have! :) I know that the money I earn as an instructor is peanuts compared to what this is all costing but it'll be so much fun and it'll be a little bit of pocket money to have on the side. I can't wait til February!! Now I just gotta get myself in really good shape so that all this ZUMBAwear actually looks presentable on me. hehehe

No comments: