Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Can you believe it???

Idaho (southwestern part) was hit really hard by a winter storm and we got about 7+ inches, maybe even closer to 10 in some areas west of Meridian!! That's huge for the Treasure Valley apparently--it might be rivaling the first winter we were here because when we were here for our first winter, many people were saying it was a heavy snowfall and unusual. Well, guess today might've beaten that. AND it's only the end of November/early December! We don't usually get that much snow until later on in the winter..like, January or something. Anyway, it was such a ginormous amount of snow, that traveling conditions were extremely dangerous and so the school districts cancelled school. NOW THAT'S A BIG DEAL! They don't usually call off school here. I had that sub job planned for today but it's better that school was cancelled because I didn't need extra dangerous driving conditions for a job that's only gonna pay me $75 for the entire day (including traveling from the first school to the second school).


I shoveled snow today out of our driveway. What a pain in the... The snow was HEAVY. I probably will feel it in my shoulders tomorrow or maybe even later tonight. The muscles in my shoulders were already spasming earlier this afternoon after my first go 'round. The second go 'round, I spent the time clearing more off of the sidewalks since we have a corner lot, figured it'd be nice to do more than just the portion in front of the house. I didn't get all of the side lot, but hey, I think people will forgive me. I have a picture or two of the snow. I have one that I took right after I started shoveling the driveway. It's so thick!! I have to figure out how to get it here on the computer from my phone..I'll get Kyle to help me. :)

No comments: