Monday, September 13, 2010

Well, dagnabbit

I just got the rejection email from the GEAR UP people. It's a no-go. :( Still nothing from Idaho State though...

Well my subbing experiences started off with a bang. Let's just say that my first day back on the job was complete BEDLAM. It was a 7th grade lower level math class. I've never really had any problems with middle school subbing (I know that sounds strange-- middle school=chaos usually) but really, I haven't had much trouble in the past. This was quite a different outcome. HOLY COW. I wanted to drink margaritas the minute I got home. But I didn't. I just retreated into my bedroom, turned off all the lights and crawled under the covers and slept. I can't even begin to describe how crazy those kids were, except for the term: bedlam. Needless to say, I more than likely will NOT be subbing for that lady's class--EVER AGAIN.

The rest of the experiences were heaven so far compared to this one.

No comments: