Friday, September 3, 2010

Curb Cup 2010


Last Sunday was a long afternoon of shakin' our booties. Curb Cup is an event that takes place all over downtown Boise. All the artists that ever existed come out to be seen. Marcela asked me a couple of weeks ago if I wanted to participate with her and I said sure!! So, this past Sunday we did just that in front of about 27,000 people in a period of about 2.5 hours. It was so much fun!! We had a snafu though because we got there and realized that we didn't have a big speaker to play the music from and all we ended up using was a cd boombox, which if you heard the noise level at that event, you'd know that the boombox probably wasn't going to quite cut it. But we used it anyway. I could hear it pretty good but it was a little difficult for some of the songs to hear a few of the cues to know when to do a different part of the routine. No worries though! We just made the best of it. There was this one point where Marcela and Vivi had walked off to go get some voting tokens for our exhibit and I got back first. Well, when I got back, there were people just standing in front of our exhibit waiting to see what we had to offer. Soooooo.....with some encouraging and some nudging, I turned on a song that I knew all the moves to and performed for the crowd. By myself. Crazy, huh? But the people loved watching the dancing! Oh, I was so embarrassed but it was a great time! :) I ended up dancing Zumba for 2.5 hours at that Curb Cup and then when it was all over, Marcela still had to teach Zumba at the gym at 4:30. Kyle and I had carpooled with them, so we had to go. I danced Zumba for another hour. Making me Zumba for about a total of 3.5-3.75 hours. 3263 calories burned. Whoa. Surprisingly, the next day I wasn't as sore as I thought I would be. However, today my knee isn't liking me too much because yesterday I added onto the intensity of my weekly workouts and did a Body Combat class (basically kickboxing) and a Corefit class (30 minutes straight of ab work--although that doesn't affect my knees). I don't think I'll be making it to Zumba tomorrow morning with Zumba at 10:30. I need to let my knee relax and not put any hard pressure on it for a little bit. I'll probably still go to the Sunday afternoon class still. I can't go a whole weekend and not do that. Otherwise, I feel all out of whack.


Anyway, just ya'll would like to see what I do with my newfound free time. ;) Could you see me as a future Zumba instructor? ;) Probably not because what they pay Zumba instructors doesn't nearly cover the cost of registration for a training program and the membership fees that you have to pay in order to become one. Oh well, for now, I'll just be an overly-enthusiastic student!

No comments: