Friday, September 17, 2010

I want to hire painters.

I really want to hire painters to finish the job I started (baseboards in our bedroom, as well as painting all the rooms a really nice, neutral color). Too bad that requires having a lot of extra money. We also want new flooring because our carpet gets more and more disgusting each week. We tried doing the Rug Doctor thing and it seemed to do the trick for a little while. The only bad thing is you have to keep the windows open to let the carpet dry out or it starts smelling kinda musty. I don't mind keeping the windows open if the temperature's just right though. I also want some crown moulding in the bedrooms. I think it would give the rooms a finished/polished look. Again, this all requires tons of money. :( Even if I had a job, we'd have to take all this one step at a time but it'd be a lot easier anyway.


*Random side note that's totally not related to this: I've set a goal for myself and my weight loss. I'm winding down the loss (been battling a plateau as of lately--a really rough one) and I've decided that my last weight loss goal is to lose 15 pounds by Christmas. I realize this is going to be a difficult task BUT I'm ready for it. Bring it on. That makes me losing about a pound each week (15 weeks from now until Christmas). This is a pretty realistic and healthy goal. Healthy weight loss is about a pound or two per week. I realize I'm gonna hit some challenges along the way but I'm ready to face them. I'm just ready to get the rest of this weight OFF!!!! I want to feel comfortable in all of my clothes. I have some pants that I bought earlier this summer because I was doing pretty good for a couple of weeks and dropped down in weight but the couple of pounds that I had lost came back on and so now those pants are kinda pushed to the back of my pant collection. I want to bring those up the front soon. :) I also want to feel comfortable during the holidays that I can indulge some without feeling like I'm going to pay for it later and hate myself and feel really huge. I don't want to feel like I'm constantly pushing the weight limit (according to the Weightwatchers goal weight I had set for myself). I hate stressing when I step on the scale at the meetings and freaking out if I go over the goal. Once I hit this new weight (and stay at it for awhile), I'm going to adjust the WW goal weight to a lower one but not too low so that I have a cushion for myself. Lately I've been doing really well with my eating and not feeling deprived. I usually include a lot of fiber in my diet and water. I think that's my trick. Fiber and water. I do get protein and veggies, as well. I also found a great tea that I can drink called Guayaki Yerba Mate. It's a caffeinated tea that helps motivate me and aids weight loss plans. Whenever I feel the uncontrollable munchy feeling, I brew some of that and have a couple of cups of tea to help refocus my brain. I also just keep a ton of fruit on hand so that if I still can't shake the munchies, I can eat that and not feel too bad. :)


That's my goal for myself so far. I know sometimes I'll stray. I probably won't hit exactly 15 pounds but as long as it's somewhere in the neighborhood, I'll be happy.

No comments: