Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Camping Adventures

Kyle and I are going camping tonight with his coworker, James and his wife, Liz and their baby, Lily. This should be a fun and interesting night. I'm frightened of the possibility of bears. I hope we don't get attacked for our delicious camp food. ;) Kyle wants to bring earplugs so he can sleep better and not hear noises. Well, I'm torn. I want to wear them too but what if a bear comes to our campsite and starts rummaging around and we can't hear it? I'm sure we'll be okay but it's still something to ponder. This will be Lily's first night away from her own bed for sleeping so James is curious to see if she will actually sleep. She's a pretty laid back baby so she'll probably do okay but this is a trial. :) We won't get to the site until well after 8pm probably and then we'll have to set up and get firewood for the campfire. We'll have a very late dinner. I better eat a late lunch. Tomorrow we'll try to do some stuff around the area: canoeing or walking or maybe fishing, who knows?

However, I MUST get back home for 7:30pm Zumba class because we're doing something really cool tomorrow night. See, it's World Cup Soccer time and the singer, Shakira, has posed a challenge to everyone in the world: make up a Zumba routine for her song, "Waka Waka" (you can look on www.youtube.com for this song and see the responses that people have posted) and post your group dancing to her song on the youtube site. So, my instructor, Marcela, is going to tape us tomorrow night and then post us on youtube. As soon as I see it posted, I'll link ya'll to it so you can see us in action. :) What's cool is there this central dance move that all of us have to include in the routine but the other choreography is up to our instructors. I can't wait! I don't want to miss this so I'll probably be watching my clock tomorrow so that we can get back in time for me to change for class.

Anyway, we will probably take pictures and videos of us camping and I'll try to post them here when we get back. Until then, I must go earn some activity points so that I can partake in some s'mores tonight. :)

No comments: