Friday, June 18, 2010

Back home again

We got back home Wednesday afternoon! It's good to be back in our own bed--so comfy! Especially since I did laundry and put the sheets in the wash, so now the sheets are so nice and soft and clean smelling! :) Always a plus!

Some exciting news: there were 2 more positions available that I qualify for. One is an ELL position and the other is a Title I teacher (normally I don't think I really qualify for this, but all the position asked for was an ELL or Bilingual Ed. endorsement--well, here I am)! Ya'll know what an ELL teacher does so I won't explain that but a Title I teacher is possibly the same kind of thing but they teach children of all backgrounds (i.e. ELL, children who need a little more help in grasping concepts and maybe even some special ed kids). Anyway, they do the pullout model, which is the teacher gets small groups of kids for anywhere between 30-60 minutes and gives a more intensive learning lesson based on the skill that is being taught in the classroom. I have little experience with this since I worked as a Title I tutor at an elementary school. It was fun most of the time and I got to know a lot of kids out of each grade. It's good to get to know a variety of kids sometimes so you're not stuck so much in one particular subject. Don't get me wrong-- I LOVE teaching ELL but sometimes it's nice to have some variety along with it. :) Anyway, I entered my applications and now we'll just have to sit back and see what happens.

Kyle is back to the grind of work. I think he likes getting back into the routine of work. Yesterday was hard for him though because he didn't get lunch until 5pm! His supervisor was out, a coworker had an appointment at 1pm and then the other coworker that was supposed to be there was out of the fab for about 5 or 6 hours! He was taking a class that was not relevant to their work right now and he was doing it during work hours...he really shouldn't do that. Anyway, that left Kyle to tend to many problems--too many for him to handle all at once by himself. He was frustrated but he'll move on, he says. :)

Well, gotta finish my lunch, mow the grass/edge and finish up some house cleaning today. Then, I'm fixin spaghetti for dinner probably because I got my half marathon tomorrow and want to have a lot of energy for it. The race starts at 8am (mountain time) and I should be done no later than 3 hours from that time. It'd be nice to finish before 3 hours though but with my latest record, don't know if that will happen. But I will stay optimistic!

No comments: