Saturday, November 20, 2010

Struggling

Wow, that last post was a doozy. Sorry about it being so emotional but it was nice to sit back and think about the memories of childhood with Chris. :)


What I'm struggling with right now is my goal for weight loss. You remember I had said that I wanted to lose around 15 pounds or so by the Christmas holidays...well, it was going really well for the first few weeks of my goal plan. Then these last couple of weeks, it's come to a screeching halt. Maybe it's been stress, maybe something else. I'm thinking that this week is because (excuse the too much info) of it's the week before the monthly. A lot of women tend to eat more about this time because they just crave stuff. My weakness this week? Trail mix with peanuts, almonds and chocolate candy pieces--sweet and salty. Ugh. I feel like crap. The last week, I don't know what my excuse was. Just eating. Anyway, my weight loss has become a small gain. Maybe around 3-5 pounds, which is what I had already lost. I HATE THAT!!!! It's not like I've been slacking on exercising either though. Zumba is 3-4x a week and I do the new class, PiYo on Mondays (upbeat mix of pilates and yoga--really fun). Didn't have that class this week though due to the teacher being out of town. :( Can I blame her for my gain this week? Probably not. It's my own fault. Anyway, this is my chance to get back on the horse this week. No school means no temptations in the faculty rooms. :) Yesterday, there was pumpkin cake with cream cheese icing...oh man. 2 squares gone--guilty party? Me. But it's back on the horse this week. No specialty items for me. I know you're saying, "But it's Thanksgiving.." Well, I have control of all the food this week (that's the one good thing about not traveling for the holiday). The only unhealthy thing we plan on having is the fried turkey--I'll just peel the skin off of mine and that should help. I was maybe thinking about making pumpkin ice cream and maybe I still will but I'll make it with healthier ingredients maybe. :) Low fat pumpkin ice cream. Should be good. Maybe a Weightwatchers dessert recipe, which they tend to have some really good ones!

Alright. There ya go. That's the deal. I'll check back in later.

ps. The good thing is, even though my weight seems to be going up slightly, I think I've lost a lot of fat inches lately. Or at least I feel like I have anyway.

No comments: