Saturday, December 12, 2009

Winter Wonderland





It started snowing last night and hasn't stopped yet today. We've got a nice blanket of snow and it just keeps coming down. That's alright though. We like it. For now. We'll probably be sick of it in a month or so. ;) Or at least, I will.


We leave early Friday morning for the ATL. We're so excited!! We've been longing for the comforts of home--the smells, the food, the hugs...Anyway, we're totally ready to come home for the holidays. This weekend is probably the time I need to spend really cleaning and getting clothes ready to pack, although, I don't think I'll pack that many clothes because I might want to go shopping for some new outfits. I'm down a few pounds and I'm wanting to celebrate it. I want to lose another probably 10 pounds altogether to make myself feel comfortable. I hate being so close to my Weightwatchers goal weight because if I get too close, there's a chance of going over and I'll have to pay. Plus, I've got more motivation now that I've started my new class. I'm feeling good about going to the gym again and I don't want to ruin that.


Kyle got some news earlier this week about promotions: Micron will start promotions again in March! I figure that's a good sign if they were able to pinpoint a month now. In the past, they've just had a "wait and see" policy. This is really good. One of the newspaper headlines read, "Micron's big success for 2009? Surviving it". That's the truth! It was very scary for a long time! Now it seems they've jumped the hurdle and are aiming at doing well this next year. Once they do well, maybe the house prices in the Boise area will begin to recover because they'll be wanting to hire out again, which means they may be pulling people in who want to buy houses!


Progress was made last night: I finished hat #4 of my senior hat project. I've got to make 9 more. I'm planning on making hat #5 today and tonight. I need to prove to my kids that I haven't given up on it. They keep asking about it and I keep pushing them off. I have to get one of the hats done relatively quickly because one girl is pregnant, who's a senior, and she'll be leaving probably in mid-late January since her baby girl's due in February. I'm debating whether to make her a baby hat or not. My department head said that we shouldn't give her gifts for the baby because it'll seem like we're promoting it. Maybe I'll make it near the end of the year and give it to her in private. The Knitwitz club is still kicking but lately I've had really low attendance. I think it's because a lot of the students are being held in their 6th period classes due to having low grades in their subjects. That tends to affect the attendance sometimes. That's okay though. I want to start making hats with them soon. I'm hoping a lot of them will go ahead and buy the knitting looms at the store so I can show them how to do the hats before Christmas break is here--that way they can be whippin' out hats over the break when they're bored or they can make Christmas gifts. I think they'll really appreciate having those looms because they'll be able to produce stuff so quickly and feel accomplished.


Well, I better get going. Kyle and I slept the day away just about it. We had to get up kinda early this morning to meet the garage door people so they could fix the sticking of the door. After I went to weigh in at Weightwatchers and attend a meeting, I went back home to pick him up and we went out to a late breakfast--SO YUMMY! When we got home, we decided we'd go back to sleep for a little bit. He stayed up almost 40+ hours Thursday because of a stupid class project that he neglected to work on during the week. He stayed up all night Thursday night, didn't go to bed at all and then got a shower Friday morning and left for work, worked all day and then came home that night and we watched a movie until about 10:30pm! CRAZY! I would've died! Now our cars need oil changes and the line shouldn't be too long *fingers crossed* because of the snowing. I've gotta go to Walmart and buy some more yarn for my hats and I have to pick up another yarn needle for it because I left mine at school in all the knitting stuff. I might just buy a new kit because mine is getting really scratched up and the pegs are looking a little worse for wear. I might donate my set to the knitting club for the year.



Okay. I'm done for now. Gotta go. :)

No comments: