Saturday, December 26, 2009

Turkish food...a party in the bowels

We ate Turkish food tonight. Let me tell ya...it's rough on the colon and the gas. Whew! hahaha!!


Anyway, we're enjoying being home so far. We've had the wonderful family gatherings and lots of time to relax. Although for some reason, I always feel like I can't get enough sleep! It's so hard to get used to the eastern time zone after staying so long in mountain time. I've been eating such wonderful foods too and way too much food at that! I'm feeling very remorseful for all that I've eaten but I intend on taking it down several notches beginning tomorrow and getting myself way back on track since my train has totally derailed this past week! Oh well--it's the holidays and you can't fully enjoy yourself if you can't let go a little and eat what you don't normally eat. I know I'll be okay this week.


This morning, I went to the gym with my dad and I participated in a step aerobics class. It was fun. It made me feel good that I got it done. Hopefully it'll get my metabolism back to where it was before all the foodfests! I plan on going several times again this coming week so I can get back into the groove and hopefully take off whatever I've gained. I probably oughta weigh in this next Saturday so I can assess the damage. Although, if I'm REALLY good this week, I should probably do okay--even if it means staying the same on the scale. Better to stay the same than to go up and be really discouraged. I've been getting mad at myself lately whenever I have a gain. I know I shouldn't be mad but I can't help it. It seems whenever I have an awesome week, my subconscious tells me that I can go ahead and go for the second helping or the not-so-healthy choices because it's a reward for doing so well. I HAVE to retrain myself!! I fear I've trained myself really bad way back when I was hardcore half marathon training and I was losing close to 2 lbs/week and then I'd treat myself to some donuts that Saturday morning after weigh-in. Ugh...it's a nasty trap to fall into and I'm slowly trying to climb out of it.


I got to see an old classmate of mine from high school today, Brian Nelson-Palmer. He was like a brother to me all through high school band camp because we'd always carpool in the beginning when we couldn't drive ourselves. I also would stay at his parents' house sometimes when my parents went out of town and so they were like my 2nd family. I also used to babysit his sister, Brigitte. I was SO happy to see him walk through the door at the holiday open house at the Cornelius's!! We haven't seen each other in years and then when he walked through the door, we all grabbed each other in a group hug--me, him and his sister and were laughing! It was an awesome feeling! It seems we always missed seeing each other at the holidays because if Kyle and I were coming into town, he'd just be leaving or vice versa. Needless to say, it was awesome getting to see those two. I might get to see my friend, Danny Herres, this week too. We might be going out to lunch or something on Tuesday. We'll see if I can get in touch with him. He was also a close friend of mine. I can't wait!! :)


Well, that's it for now. I'll probably write more later.

No comments: