Saturday, October 10, 2009

Just another lazy weekend (at least that's what I want it to be)

Just sitting here typing a little update because I know ya'll are getting bored looking at the same entry for the past couple of weeks.

*Chris goes off to boot camp on Tuesday. I know he says he's not nervous but I know deep down he's a little worried. It probably won't really hit home until he gets there.

*One of my main troublemakers in my class has withdrawn from school due to moving out of state--CELEBRATION!! I'm happy.

*I only have one more real master's class to finish up this semester before I take my spring capstone course before graduation.

*We're enjoying having the extra income from my job. It really lets us relax more and not worry so much about having a little extra to use or to not worry so much about having to pay big bills from the mortgage and whatnot.

*I'm teaching English classes to adults at a local community college every Tuesday and Thursday night for some extra pocket money (about $400 extra every month). The adults are SO much fun to teach! It makes it even better that they want to be there. We had such a good time this past Thursday doing tongue twisters for treats. They gave me 2 Spanish tongue twisters to work on and one guy said that if I could do those close to perfect, he'd bring me chocolate. HA! So cute! These adults are so nice and polite. They've told me they love how patient I am and how kind I am with them in learning this new language. One person did tell me that they wanted me to be harder on them about correcting mispronounced words but I did tell them I did NOT want to be rude and interrupt them. If I correct them too much, it's going to make some people discouraged and not want to talk.

*Kyle's working a lot harder in this first shift position than in his original 4/3 work days, 12hrs a day shift. He's now working M-F, 7-5pm-ish. He says it's a lot harder to get his school work done on this shift because he doesn't have whole days off to get caught up. It's posing a bit of a challenge for him.


Okay, there's an update on what all is happening as of now.

No comments: