Friday, November 16, 2007

Exciting morning!

This morning was crazy! I was still asleep early this morning when I heard Kyle yell at me from the living room. I jumped out of bed with sleep still in my eyes and I was wondering what the heck had happened. I thought for sure that someone was in the house or something had caught on fire...well, neither of those situations were true. What happened was: Kyle went to get the paper for the day and when he opened up the front door, there was apparently a bird sitting on the porch and at that same moment he opened the door, the bird FLEW INTO THE HOUSE! I've never really seen Kyle come unglued like he did--it's like he couldn't even think straight--just kept yelling and screaming and running around the living room...HAHAHAHA....I was the voice of reason for once and I grabbed the broom out of the front closet and started after the bird to try and shew it out. That wasn't working. I had Kyle open the back door and I opened the front door so it'd have somewhere to fly. Still wasn't working. Finally, I figured out what the bird wanted--light. It kept flying at the lights like a moth and so I had an idea.... I told Kyle to turn out the lights and I would turn on the light on the back porch. The bird sat perched on the dining room hanging lamp and I went after it and sure enough, it flew out of the house! Talk about your excitement at 5am! What an adrenaline rush! Well, more of a rush for Kyle seeing as though he was so distraught that he couldn't even make his lunch and decided to go out to lunch at work...hahahaha...gotta love him.

I wish we could've taken pictures, but I guess we were too concerned with getting the bird out of our house.

No comments: