Sunday, May 2, 2010

Job lost...possible job found

I'm sure you've all heard by now that next year I won't be working at Caldwell HS anymore. They talked to me about a month ago to tell me this and I was sorta devastated. I knew it was a possibility so it wasn't a complete surprise but still. It hurt a little. So, Friday while I was in the language lab with my kids, I was scanning the school websites to see if there were any other job positions available because there hadn't been many for my field posted yet. Well, lo and behold, there was a position open to everybody who wanted to appy for an ELL teacher at an elementary school!!!! You better believe that I quickly put that position on my online application! I quickly emailed the 3 people I had asked for recommendation letters to see if they could get me the letters a little sooner than when I had asked for them. I hoped they would understand since the closing date for the position was a mere few days (this coming Tuesday). After the position closes, that's when I guess they decide who to call or who not to call. So, keep your fingers crossed, ladies and gentlemen!! Maybe I'll hear something by the end of the week! :)

No comments: